Monday, January 31, 2011

Blee bloo blah blee

Strong language is used in this post (I've had a bad week).




I like to make up words. There ya go.


I have a bunch of random things on my mind. As this seems to be my dumping pot, I'll just poop it all out in this post and you can sift through what you like. Enjoy that.


I have a post about why I don't think diabetes should  have a name change, for whatever reason it has gotten an absurd amount of hits the last couple weeks. That post (currently) has 395 views while the next highest post has only 179. Not sure why it's so popular, but I'm glad people are interested enough in my opinion to keep coming back to it. Thanks :o)


My blog has also had an unusual amount of hits, just in general. I'm glad it's gaining popularity, though I'm not necessarily sure I'm worthy of all the reads. In part, I think this is due to my friends Jess and Simon who recently had blog posts in which I was mentioned


Diabetes has been a total bitch this week. I can't figure out why, either. I've changed my site a few times, opened a new bottle of insulin, taken some injections rather than through the pump. I even went back to measuring my food just to make sure my carbs were completely accurate. I've been bolusing for meals and snacks 15 minutes in advance. Yet, somehow, I'll get a post-prandial blood sugar spike into the 300s and then fall back down into the sub-100s (or, frustratingly, even lower) within 5 hours post-meal. Seriously, diabetes, wtf? Now, because of diabetes craziness, I've had a headache for 3 days. It's definitely weeks like this where I just want to say "FUCK IT ALL!" and throw in the towel. 


I recently started reading Jacquie's blog (also known as @BadPancreas). She has an unmatched sense of humor. She reminds me a lot of Kim over at Texting My Pancreas. They are both funny and can make light of serious situations. If you haven't visited their d-blogs already, you probably should. Or we can't be friends anymore. Another Twitter friend of mine, Kelly, has a damn good blog you should visit as well. Her post today, especially, is very poignant. She's an amazing writer.


My puppy finally got a haircut. She went from being a black, brown, and white dog to a solid white dog with black ears, face, and tail. It was quite shocking to see. While she's flipping adorable with her new haircut, I can't wait until she gets all her fluff back. I like her when she's puffy.



Fluffy and gray
Cropped and white
I'm watching the Lord of the Rings as I type this. This really isn't all that shocking, is it? I wouldn't think so considering past blogs about my dweebishness.

I started working (FINALLY) last week. I was without paying work for 13 months (6 months of that was an un-paid internship). I can't tell you how pumped (AHAHAH. punny) I was to finally get started on my career. So far, I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's a lot of fun, and I work with a lot of great people. I'm one step closer to becoming a CDE now. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during my period of unemployment. Because of you, I was able to keep my sanity. :o)

This week I'll be the guest on DSMA Live. You should probably listen or once again we can't be friends. As long as you're listening to the show this week on Thursday at 8pm CST, you should probably also participate in the DSMA Tweetchat on Wednesday at 8pm CST.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing." ~Emo Phillips

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl -
    I like to make up words 2! There's nothing wrong with that my friend!
    And thank you so much for the shout out and kind words!
    Kelly K

    ReplyDelete