Friday, April 5, 2013

The one where you get really excited

**Please note: Details of this post have been edited to reflect recent changes. 

DProm has long been a topic of discussion during Wednesday evening DSMA (diabetes social media advocacy) chats. Last Wednesday, something interesting happened...

I decided I was done with talk. DProm is actually happening. While, of course, I am only in the very early (read - very, very early) stages of planning, here is what I have so far (tentatively):


  • April/May 2014
  • 7pm-midnight
  • Springfield, IL
  • 21 years and over only
  • There will be a cover charge for entrance (any money raised over the cost of the event will be donated to the American Diabetes Association)
  • Attire is whatever you want it to be - come as casual or as formal as you like (personally, I like glitter)

I have lots of ideas, but I honestly can't plan something this large completely on my own. Here is what I could use from the DOC... I'm forming a DProm Committee. I need interested parties who are willing to lend their talents to the following areas:

  • Venue
  • Food
  • Games/prizes
  • Decorations
  • Marketing/social media (I already have a Facebook, Google+, and Twitter page started)
  • DJ/Photography
Also, if anyone has any experience with corporate sponsorship, I would like to speak with you. 

Please keep in mind all positions are voluntary. 

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions please feel free to email dprom1921@gmail.com. You may also visit the current social media pages for updates (please remember I'm not all that great at these kinds of things, and that's why I REALLY need your help). You can visit DProm on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Dance it out, bitch.

"On with the dance! let joy be unconfined;
No sleep till morn, when Youth and Pleasure meet
To chase the glowing hours with flying feet."
~George Gordon, Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage

2 comments:

  1. "Dance it out, bitch."

    Ha! Love it!

    I think Chitown is driving distance from me. Definitely doable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous because at this point I will be 20, not 21 and thusly unable to attend. Hoping it will become a recurring event.

    ReplyDelete